SIZING PARAMETERS FOR FILTER
A number of factors affect the filter system that is chosen for a hydraulic system. The traits of the various plant components and their susceptibility to contamination must be taken into account. Additionally, all of the responsibilities the filter will have within the plant must be taken into account.
● CONTAMINATION PROTECTION FOR FLUIDS
● PRESERVING CONTAMINATION-SENSITIVE OLEODYNAMIC COMPONENTS.
● PREVENTING OLEODYNAMIC PLANTS FROM CONTAINING ENVIRONMENTAL WASTE
● PREVENTION OF CONTAMINATION CAUSED BY OLEODYNAMIC PLANTS BY FAILURES OF COMPONENTS
The benefits of proper filter positioning and sizing are:
● MORE SYSTEM RELIABILITY
● LONGER LIFE OF THE FLUID COMPONENTS
● REDUCTION OF STOP TIME
● REDUCTION OF FAILURE CASUALTIES
Each hydraulic filter is defined by general characteristics that indicate its suitability for use in various applications.
● HIGHEST WORKING PRESSURE (Pmax)
The filter’s maximum working pressure must be greater than or equal to the pressure in the circuit section where it will be installed.
● PRESSURE DECLINE (P)
The pressure drop is affected by several factors, including the working circuit temperature, fluid viscosity, and filter element cleaning condition.
● OPERATING TEMPERATURE (T)
The working temperature has a significant impact on material selection. Temperatures that are too high or too low may have an adverse effect on the strength of the materials or the characteristics of the seals.
● FILTRATION EFFICIENCY (%) / FILTRATION RATIO (ßx(c))
Filtration efficiency is the most important parameter to consider when selecting a filter. When choosing the filtration performances, the needs of the most sensitive components in the system must be considered.
● FLUID TYPE
The type of fluid influences the choice of filters in terms of compatibility and viscosity. It is always mandatory to check the filterability.
● PLACEMENT IN THE PLANT
The position of the filter in the system conditions the efficiency of all filter performances.
Al Maadi Building, Caterpillar Road, Industrial area 2, Near Al Wasit Machinery, Sharjah, UAE
+971 6525 7571
+971 5059 19850